Baby's Heartbeat

hi mummies! im 11 weeks pregnant when i went to family clinic to have regular check up . the dr couldn't detect baby's heartbeat using doppler and she mentioned not to worry cause the baby is still small and hiding . is it normal ? my 1st appt with my gynae at NUH for scans will be on 2nd august .

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During my 1st gynae visit, my baby’s heartbeat was also not detected using abdominal ultrasound. Then gynae did vaginal ultrasound and could find the heartbeat. Gynae at NUH will be able to do your vaginal ultrasound. And till Aug 2nd, you will be way ahead in your pregnancy and heartbeat shall b detectable via abdominal ultrasound as well. If you can’t wait that long, you can go to private hospital.

Read more
3y ago

If you tell them your situation, they actually prioritise your appointment. E.g. When i had little bleeding in my 2nd trimester, i got appointment within 2 days. https://www.gleneagles.com.sg/doctor/obstetrics-gynaecology/anupriya-agarwal/c413b578-49bf-63ee-ab9a-ff0f00dba087

VIP Member

Do you want to go to private gynae and have a check first? To your first gynae appt at NUH is kind of still far. Now is only 9 June.