Piles (haemorrhoid) during pregnancy

Hey mummies i think i am developing piles outside my anus!!! This has been on and off since early of 2nd trimester and didnt really bother me. However now I am on week 27 i feel the piles is getting bigger outside the hole???? I never strained myself while pooping and my poop has been consistently soft so far. Any idea why this thing happen or maybe it’s other thing than piles??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have piles too, Had it since I was young due to bad constipation and straining to poop. Doctor use to give oral medication and suppository to insert and reduce the swelling and deflate it. But once you have it will never be gone unless you do surgery. Mine was deflated for years then during pregnancy it appeared again.. I also don’t feel constipated and sometimes poop soft. I don’t even strain or force poop out. Also due to pregnancy the doctors said they can’t do anything, have to wait till after giving birth if you want to consider surgery to remove the haemorrhoids. They also said it will get worse or bigger during child birth when you are pushing. There are external haemorrhoids and internal ones. What you have sounds like external. If you are worried and unsure, you can check with gynae since it’s the safest bet. If they were to prescribe you meds at least it’s pregnancy safe.

Read more
12mo ago

I googled it and it seems that pregnancy can cause haemorrhoid too without having constipation😭 ill check w my gynae on the next visit. Now no pain and no bleeding though

I never had piles before. But it appear during my pregnancy. No worries mummy, it will go away after you give birth.

12mo ago

Nope. I try to avoid medication during pregnancy. The piles dont really affect me, just have a wanting to poop feeling 😂. So i just let it be~