Whooping cough and flu vaccine

Hi mummies, i am seeing private gynae. I saw some articles that whooping cough and flu vaccine can be paid by medisave. Question is can I still use medisave even though I am seeing private gynae? He will be the one who administer the vaccine and to be done at his clinic.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, I tried to polyclinic walk in, but they only do vaccines according to appointment now.. and have to book slot online. earliest is August... so in the end went private.. now vaccine shortage again. suggest to just do at the private gynae and save you trouble.

I'm seeing private gynae, but i went to my nearby GP to get my flu and whopping cough vaccination. can deduct from medisave. then I informed my gynae that I have already took those vaccines.

Best to ask the clinic itself but I believe you can use medisave. Same like if you go dental can use medisave.

12mo ago

Updates : called my gynae and they say couldnt deduct from medisave. Even if want take at kkh have to make appointment with gynae at kkh first to assess our condition. Maybe best way is go polyclinic.

I see a private gynae and in my prev pregnancy nobody mention can use medisave to me though 😨

12mo ago

Hahaaa. I didnt really bother 😂😂

May I know how much are the vaccines? I will do mine nxt week too.

12mo ago

KKH subsidised, $75.90 which can be fully paid with Medisave. Just got mine about 4 to 5 weeks ago. Not sure about how much for private

At which week do you need to have these vaccines?

12mo ago

I am sorry, anytime after 2nd trimester onwards. If you are uncomfortable with taking during the 1st trimester.