Line inbetween stomach

Hi mummies, i m in my 16 weeks now..from young i always hev this line inbetween upper stomach & lower stomach..near the belly button..its like wen u sit down the stomach folds...so i m yet to the see the line go off to become 1 whole stomach...just curious wen i see like the one whole stomach?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know what you mean. I have that too and I kept wondering when will my stomach ever be “one whole stomach”. It didn’t until I was in my third trimester onwards. And I’m a plus-size. It’s even more difficult to see. Some people have a D-belly while I am one of those who have a B-belly. Some people have an outie for their belly button even at early stages in pregnancy but I’m 1 week towards my EDD and I still have an innie belly button. Some people will have linea nigra (dark vertical line) but some don’t. And if you think you’ll never get stretch marks because of your genes, think again. I thought I’ll never have stretch marks because my mom didn’t have any for all 3 pregnancies and my tummy was smooth and clear of stretch marks all the way until my 7th close to 8th month, faint lines started showing. I did not even apply any cream. It became darker after my 8th month and I regretted not applying any stretch marks cream or bio oil when I was still early in my pregnancy giving my skin the elasticity it needs to stretch. And I used to measure my tummy below my belly button to see if my tummy grew but boy was I being silly. I’m carrying a girl so I’m not sure if it makes any difference as they say you tend to “carry high” when expecting a girl. So the upper part of my tummy became bigger than below my belly button. Different people will experience different pregnancy journeys and symptoms. You’re still early in your pregancy. Next you’ll want to know when you can feel baby’s kicks and all. I can assure you for first pregnancies usually will be felt later. Maybe even after 20 weeks as the average range is between 16-25weeks, also depending on your body. Then you’ll be curious how to differentiate between gas and baby’s movements. After that you’ll be curious of the rhythmic patterns which is most likely baby’s hiccups, which is absolutely normal because baby’s lungs are developing. You’ll be more curious about what’s to be expected every week. I suggest you do more research and read up forums. They’re so much more useful for you to get answers and have an open mind. I wouldn’t be worried or bothered about unnecessary stuffs at all. What’s important is your baby is healthy. Just enjoy your pregnancy and don’t compare with others, it’s just going to freak you out and give you unnecessary worries why you’re not the same like others which is absolutely ridiculous and silly. Take care!

Read more

Wait until your bump has show then you will get the whole stomach

Stretch mark?

4y ago

not stretch mark..wen we sit down out stomach tend to bend right? that kind of bend i hev ...so the stomach its not 1 whole stomach yet..i can only see abodmen a bit sized up..