Prenatal supplemets

Hi mummies.. Can i know which brand of prenatal supplements that good for mummy n baby? As for what i know OBIMIN has side effect.. Pls share with me what is good for both.. Tia! ??

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What kind of side effects apart from dark stools due to the iron in it? And constipation, bla bla. I think all drugs have side effects depending on how a body takes it. If your doc prescribes it to you, you may want to ask what are the side effects of ALL the drugs he/she is going to prescribe you. By asking in these platforms won’t guarantee the drugs others take won’t have side effects just as how Obimin do. You should ask a doctor instead. People can recommend you other kind of multivitamins and such but it’s still best to check with a doctor instead of us in here. Sure, we can recommend you any kind of multivitamins and tell you oh I didn’t have any side effects! My friends who take it also don’t have any side effects! It’s definitely better than Obimin, Blackmores, etc! Seriously come on. Rule of thumb, always ask your doctor before taking any prenatal multivitamins.

Read more
4y ago

Another thing, an overdose of vitamins A, D, E, or K can cause serious or life-threatening side effects and can also harm your unborn baby. Certain minerals contained in a prenatal multivitamin may also cause serious overdose symptoms or harm to the baby if you take too much. So how would you know if the ones people recommend to you is good enough for you and your baby? I’m sure Doctors are there for a reason, they know what you’re lacking or whatnot.

Didn't experience any side effects on Obimin, been taking it since week 12 till week 30 currently. Tried blackmore's previously but Obimin easier to swallow and cheaper since its prescribed by obgyn.

I would just use what my Obgyn prescribed for me, and trust in their profession knowledge :)

4y ago

Yes i know regards of it but pls google the side effect of it as the ob also did not mention any side effect for the supplements 😊

VIP Member

I take blackmores pregnancy & breastfeeding gold twice a day everyday

4y ago

Is it good for both?

I just take whatever gynae prescribed including obimin

VIP Member

I'm still sticking to obimin throughout pregnancy.

Super Mum

Gnc and blackmores also good.

4y ago

As u took this.. Do u take obimin alsoo?