Hi mummies May i know when do u increase the intake of bby's milk? Every weekly? Every mth and by how much ML? My bby is 4mth she reg alot but after she done w milk she will cry for more but i dont dare give cause she will reg one feeding at least twice amount quite alot. Pls advice.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, there is no hard and fast rule about increasing baby intake. U can increase if u ind that baby is still not satisfied with the current amount that u are feeding. But just increase by 30ml and then observe again a few days. Baby should be able to last 3+ hrs between feeds. Wrt to regurgitate, maybe u can burp her inbetweeen. If baby is always crying, u can check and see if it is something else that is discomforting like diaper, wind in stomach, colic? Will a pacifier calm baby down or must it be milk? If baby is too worked up from crying and never burp properly before that, it is normal to regurgitatequite a lot too Some babies will increase their milk intake, some babies will increase to abt 120-150 then stagnate there. Soon bay will be teething and growth spurt and starting solids so these will change the amount of milk intake also. Be flexible with the milk intake. Just give what u giving now, if want increase 30 and see how she is coping with it

Read more

hi, are you breastfeeding her or is she taking formula milk? Usually babies tend to drink more if formula fed. Here's a link that might be useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/how-much-milk-should-baby-drink

First and foremost, whilst feeding baby maybe you can try to burp her in between. How old is baby now and how much have you beem feeding her?