Stretch marks

Hi mummies, may I know what kind of routine should I do to prevent/lessen the appearance of stretch marks?? Is there any recommended oil/cream to use? Currently entering 2nd trimester and wanna be prepared before baby gets bigger. Thank you! #firsttimemon

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To prevent or lessen the appearance of stretch marks during pregnancy, it's essential to keep your skin well-hydrated and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are some tips for your skincare routine: 1. **Hydration:** Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. 2. **Moisturize:** Use a rich, nourishing cream or oil on your belly and other areas prone to stretch marks. Look for products containing ingredients like cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil, or almond oil. 3. **Gentle Exfoliation:** Regularly exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and promote skin renewal. Be gentle to avoid irritating your skin. 4. **Massage:** Massaging your belly and other areas with a moisturizing cream or oil can help improve blood circulation and elasticity of the skin. 5. **Healthy Diet:** Eat a balanced diet rich in vitamins C and E, zinc, and silica to support skin health and elasticity. 6. **Exercise:** Regular exercise can help improve circulation and skin elasticity. 7. **Avoid scratching:** It's important not to scratch your belly, as it can worsen stretch marks. As for recommended products, you can consider using bio-oil, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula, or Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. These products are popular choices among pregnant women for preventing stretch marks. Remember, while these steps can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, genetics and hormonal changes play a significant role in the development of stretch marks during pregnancy. Embrace your changing body and be kind to yourself during this special time. Congratulations on your pregnancy! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

the trick to prevent stretch marks is not to feel any itching on your belly in the first place. once you feel the itching better to faster put those anti-stretch mark creams. and don't scratch at all!! I used bio oil and it helped to soothe the itchiness for me a lot. I also continued taking my colkagen supplements as they have to generate new skin so while my tummy got bigger, the skin still didn't feel tight. I had no stretch marks at all, even my gynae was amazed haha.

Read more
2mo ago

Hihi, what collagen supplements you took?

I heard that stretch marks are due to genetics and not much can be done to prevent them, but I still applied my moisturiser 3 times a day lol. I used Clarins stretch mark cream, and then switch to suu balm coz my belly was so itchy. I have minimal stretch marks, just some near the bottom of my belly where the stretch was the worst.

Read more
2mo ago

Great! happy tt it helps u!

Mama choice stretch mark cream are non-oily, non-sticky, absorbs well, doesn’t stain clothes, spreads easily. And most importantly, pocket-friendly. https://s.shopee.sg/7pYaKcZEbA

I used Clarins like what the other commenter did! My mum had a lot of stretch marks but I only had slight like less than 1/3 of my pinky so maybe it did help cos it’s also genetics

I’ve been using the Clarins oil + body partner cream ever since I found out I was preggy! So far so good. The oil and cream absorbs quite fast and helps moisturise the skin

I used Palmers oil and lotion since first trimester and I’m now at 32 weeks. No stretch marks and hardly feel any itching. Highly recommended!

TapFluencer

bio-oil or clarins perhaps?

💕

💕