38w not dilated, will get induced on edd

Hi mummies, i havent dilated @ 38week+ appointment and my gynae suggested for me to get induced 39 weeks onwards. However i told her i wanted to get induced on my edd day itself, in hoping baby will want to come out naturally. This will be my first born btw and so far baby’s condition is good and growing well with ideal normal weight. However i am beyond terrified as everyone who went thru induced have a bad experience and some ended up in csec. Which i wanted to avoid the most, Can mummies share with me your induce story and experience, so i can somehow know what to expect. Is it normal to not dilate @ 38 weeks+ and any possibility i can naturally dilate before edd ? Were you dilated before the induce, and how long was your labor? Were you able to deliver naturally or was it a failed induced. And hows the recovery if csec. Does induce higher chance for csec #FTM #advicepls

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I induce at 38weeks as I was losing weight. Induce for 3 days (3pills inserted). The checking of dilation n “opening” of cervix bone is super painful. End up only 4cm on 3rd day. Went thru Emergency Csect. First child