Hospital Bag for TMC

Hi mummies, I am due next month and would like to know what essentials to pack for giving birth at Thomson medical center. Will be staying at 1 bedded room. Most likely natural birth with epidural and my husband will be staying overnight. I understand a lot of things are chargeable and would like to bring my own stash to save cost. Appreciate if anyone can advise if I am over-bringing based on the below list? Baby 1) One set of baby romper, mitten, sock, hat and swaddle. 2) One packet of huggie newborn diapers (30 pcs) 3) Diaper cream 4) One can of Nan Optipro 1 in case no breast milk Mummy 1) One set of clean clothes for discharge wear, and one maternity bra 2) Perineal spray bottle + Perineal spray for vagina birth 3) Cooling pad x 3 pcs for vagina birth 4) Sanitary pad (42cm) 5) 60cm x 90cm Nursing pad (put under butt for extra protection) 6) Breast Pump 7) Nipple cream 8) Personal toiletries(facial foam, toner, shampoo, conditioner and toothbrush/toothpaste) 9) breast pad 10) Hand sanitizer 11) Wet wipes 12) Kotex overnight panties x 6 pcs 13) Disposable panties x 6 pcs 14) Handphone charger 15) Daddy to bring extra jacket as he will be staying overnight( heard tt the room is very cold) 16) Extra snacks in case hungry 17) 2 pairs of socks

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby: 1) Can bring your own set but make sure can fit baby else hospital will provide the entire set 😊. (Mine was too big) 2) No need to bring, hospital will provide Just born size and most probably will have leftovers. 3) Included in goodie bag. 4) No need to bring formula, thru out hospital will provide disposable formula. They will offer different brands for you to choose, buy only after you confirm baby can take. Mummy: 1) I wore what I went in with as thru out my stay, I wore hospital gown. 1 maternity bra when I have visitors. 2) Can bring. 3) Can bring. 4) I used Kotex overnight panties for discharge day. Thru out they use maternity pads and disposable undies and will change for me. (For this, please let them know before you change into the gown else once they open, it’s charged.) 5) Also let them know before you change your gown. 6) Can bring along, most probably not much use cause first few days is colostrum, hard to pump out anything. 7) Mine was included in goodie bag. 8) Basic toiletries provided and most probably won’t be deducted even if you don’t use as it’s included in your room charges. 9) No need. 10) No need, they have their standard sanitizer in the room and is charged to your bill already. 11) No need. 12 & 13) If bringing Kotex overnight panties (I brought only 1 for discharge), don’t need #4. 14) Yes. 15) Personal preference or just wear hoodie, room temp adjustable. 16) No need. 17) 1 pair, most probably won’t use since most of the time you’ll be in bed and they have bedroom slippers. (2 days stay) Overall my own hospital bag consist of: - Charger - 1x Kotex overnight panties - Comb - Skincare - Breastpump (for LC to teach me how to use)

Read more
6mo ago

Thanks much for ur sharing!