Multivitamins

Hey mummies, i am currently week 23 day 6 pregnant . I keep forgetting to eat my multivitamins pill , so will it affect my baby?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Please please don’t forget to take folic acid. I’m not sure if it part of your multivitamins or a separate pill. But it’s important to take it as it prevents birth defects of your baby's brain and spinal cord. Other vitamins and minerals are not as crucial. Put your pills in a place where you will definitely see and set up a routine to take it. You could even set an alarm on your phone to remind you.

Read more
10mo ago

I am so glad to see this comment. My cousin was born with a birth defect because of lack of folic acid, her mom looked always healthy, the baby looked always healthy in all the ultrasounds. Yeah there are plenty of people that don’t have any issues, but I wouldn’t leave it to destiny. My cousin regrets every day she sees her daughter not having taken her vitamins

My cousin was very inconsistent with her pills and her baby was born with Spina Bífida. Because of the lack of folic acid. She is now 9 years old and has so many issues with her legs, and can’t hold her urine or poop. My recommendation is to put an alarm on a time you know you are home and are no busy

Read more

I didn’t take a single supplements during my pregnancy and my baby is strong and healthy! She hit her milestone way earlier than most kids! Already running around at 9 months old! It’s not necessary at all

TapFluencer

maybe you can set an alarm haha like after breakfast take? for me i usually preplace the multivitamins in a hello kitty pill box and place near my bed, everyday i wont miss it. hope it helps. its okay to forget once or twice, just remember for babys sake okay?

if your body can't get enough nutrients from foods, your baby will get it from your body stored-supply. long term it will deplete your own nutrients stored, so might affect your health too. Good to take on daily basis or as much as you remember them. =)

Try to establish a routine. I eat mine first thing every morning before I eat some fruits. Helps me to remember. :) but no worries if you forget once or twice. You can get your vitamins from a balanced diet too. Just continue the next day.

I've been forgetting to take my multi vitamin for a month and I'm almost due in a week or 2 🤣 but so far my baby is growing well 🤣 but I guess better to take rather then u don't. I've been forgetting to take as well 🤣

VIP Member

It won't but its good to consume them on daily basis. I had my calcium and omega as a must-eat daily. All for my baby. Maybe too much calcium, my baby alr learn to lift up her head during 1 week old 😂

3y ago

Set an alarm as a reminder

VIP Member

it won't affect if you are taking nutrients in the food , but these multivitamin are for you to have more energy and to reach nutrients to you and baby if you are not taking in the food

TapFluencer

My multivitamins and dha are next to my bedside table. So first thing in the morning I will reach out for them. Hope this helps!