Hi mummies. I am currently exclusively pumping for my baby but have been replacing one or two of his feeds with formula as it took me some time to establish my supply. I have been feeding nan ha but realise i cant finish a tin cos my supply is catching up and the brand doesnt come in smaller tin. I intend to change to enfamil a+ for that reason and also i find his poo really smelly but it could also be my bm. My son is just 2 mths old. Is it ok for me to change fm like that? I wouldnt know if he can take the new fm unless i try it out but is he too young for me to test his tolerance?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi thanks. i considered so but i had wanted to feed this way so that i dont have the pressure to feed bm. i am diagnosed with post partum depression recently so in fact i was being advised to stop bf which i refused to. as much as my supply is established and i have a few bottles in the fridge, having one feed a day substituted by fm somehow give me some relief mentally and also allow me to go out with him sometimes. actually i have a friend who still feed her son fm one feed per day even if she dont have supply problem so that when she want to convert to fm, her baby will be more receptive.. haha actually i just wanna know if i can switch to another fm brand like that but ended up sharing so much more. 😆

Read more

Since your supply is already kicking in, you may want to consider forgoing the formula. Give bm on demand. If you still want to give formula, you can mix half of each formula together and feed baby.