When do babies start to flip/roll over?

Hi Mummies, Can I check by what week or month do babies start to flip or roll over? My boy is 10 weeks old and still doesn’t show any sign of rolling over. Is it too early ? I still swaddle him to sleep as Moro reflux won’t let him sleep otherwise. Doctor told me to keep swaddling hun until he starts rolling over #firstimemom #adviceplease

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy flipped over at abt 2.5 months and tt's considered v early. He's naturally v active and started standing independently at 6 mths, walked at 8 mths. Contrary to what doctors said, I did not swaddle my boy much as he likes to wiggle ard and I let him discover his hands and feet. But of cz it depends on the baby. Most babies need to swaddle to slp but a few hates it like my boy. My mom was an infantcare teacher and she said typically babies start rolling ard 3-6 mths. Doing lots of tummy time helps as it strengthens baby's neck and back. Once baby starts rolling, do hold him up to stand on his feet so that he gets used to using his leg muscles.

Read more

My first born about 6 to 7 months. But my second born suprisingly at 3 months 😅 Shocked me though cause she will pull her clothes or move left right till she gets to roll 🤣

11mo ago

Oh okay. Mine is 2 months 13 days old. Let us see

Mine around 5 months. She kept pushing herself to flip haha.

11mo ago

Thank you. Did you swaddle her till then to sleep?

3month (early roller) onwards

11mo ago

Okay thank you. Still too early for my boy as he just 10 weeks old