hard to poop

hi mummies i am 7 week pregnant, almost 8. lately i have been having a hard time tryna poop and spend 10-15 mins tryna push my hard stool out. is it normal?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

its happening for me nw frm week 19. i was in tears and I could not walk and it is very very painful. so after 2 weeks I went to my gynae and she asked me to eat banana and papaya. she also gave me a stool softerner but not to be taken everyday unless its hard to pass through. its important to drink atleast 2 l of water and have fruits 3 times a day. I eat fruits after lunch and dinner. I am also drinking this milk enfagrow for mommy and it has helped.

Read more

Im also facing the same issue as you. However i'm not on stool softerner or any form of medication. i can go without pooping for a week but when i feel too bloated i'll consume smthing really spicy to poop and it works.:)

drink more water, eat more fiber and like the others suggested.. prune juice! dr prescribed me stool softener but i dowan to take unnecessary meds so the prune juice was a life saver for me!

please don't push it out, it's not good.. try taking more prune juice (with folic and calcium if possible), fruits and vegetables.. because constipation is common for pregnant ladies..

i had the same problem like you .. it was so hard to pass motion .. i strained and caused bleeding but atleast i know it got out .. informed my gynae and was given gynae figs syrup ..

I'll have the Nestle Nestum Cereal drink every morning. It does help with bowel movement.

Take stool softener but not too much. I took soursop dragonfruit it’s helps me

Take more fruits (papaya or prunes) otherwise prune juice dilute with water

don't push too hard u might end up with hemorrhoids. prune juice helps me.

pls don't try to push.eat more fruits and drink plenty of water..