Third Trimester

Hi mummies, i am 30weeks now, but my LO head alr down there. Heard from friend dont walk too much first until 33weeks, because afraid water broke because baby head alr down.. but my gynae said need to do more movement.. if think logically, what friend concern not totally wrong. That friend talk based on their own experience with 3child.. any idea or advise for this? :) #FTM #advicehelppls

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mama of 5 here. Your friend is not right at all. It's good that ur baby's head is already down there otherwise if breech u may have a high chance of c-sect. She probably does something else that triggered her waterbag to break or probably it's just time for her baby to come out. Walking will not cause ur waterbag to break. Walking is a must to make you dilate easy later on and especially now that you're in the last stage of pregnancy. I walk alot the entire pregnancy for all 5. I even shifted heavy furnitures at home all alone. Only the 5th one my waterbag broke early as my gynae expected because I had a condition with high amniotic fluid which can make me go into preterm labour. I was admitted and put on bed rest but I still get up and walk. My labour was only 3 hrs. With my other 4, my gynae broke my waterbag.

Read more

mine was the squat that trigger the water bag broke.. walking won't. walking only helps in easy labour I believe.. that time my son week 29 already head down but week 31 went back up so doc abit worried, saying hope next scan onwards he will face down.. and keep talking to him and he really did..

my baby head was also at the entrance throughout last trimester but wasn't engaged even when I was induced at wk 39. so don't need to be afraid that your water bag will burst because of baby's position.

walking won’t cause water bag to break. it’s better to walk for the pregnancy.. even if your friend has experience of 3 kids, each pregnancy experience and mother’s body is different.

my child is head down since 4/5 mths and I have never heard of such that water will break from too much walking. in fact, gynae still advise to walk 20mins to an hr.

I walked almost every day for at least 30 Mins until week 40 ! Baby was also head down but not engaged.

I walked quite alot until wk 36 i tink. I was also afraid my waterbag burst. But didnt 😂

Trust your gynae professionalism