Hi mummies. My girl had her hep b 2nd dose at the polyclinic and is scheduled for her 3rd month (5-in-1) jab soon. However, I'm thinking of switching her to my regular pd for the 6-in-1 jabs. Is it still possible as I understand the combination is slightly different for polyclinics and private clinics? Feel that I am more comfortable having a doctor who knows my girl's medical history to administer the jab instead of having different nurses administering the jabs each time we go to the polyclinic. Thanks!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If I'm not mistaken, 6-in-1 includes everything in 5-in-1 and Hep B. Hence, you can switch to your PD after your baby completes the third 5-in-1 since she has taken her second Hep B. So your baby will be getting her final 6-in-1 at your PD's. Best to call your PD's clinic to check though. I'm not sure if my understanding is correct.

Read more

There should not be any problems with the vaccinations if you switch over. Most combinations of hep B and the other vaccines are acceptable variations.

I think it's 5-in-1 followed by another 5-in-1 and final with 6-in-1 in your case.