Epi Kool & Kotex Overnight Pants

Hi mummies! First pregnancy here and have seen alot of reviews on how epi kool & kotex overnight pants can help with after vag delivery. Planning to standby some in case. How many is enough? I’ve heard not to get too many as epi kool is only needed for the first few days of soreness and kotex overnight pants is for heavy blood flow which will also only last for a few days before we can revert to normal sanitary pads? #firsttimemom #advicepls #firstbaby

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. For me, for my first and second i used jz 1 box of epi kool. which consists of 3 pax if I'm not wrong. i needed it for jz 1 or 2 daes to cool the swelling after labour. i guess that was the best invention ever! best reliever. do change after you feel no more coolness as it willbe heavy as all d "ice" melted. and for kotex, i jz use the one that is the longest i think 45cm and for heavy fliw. it think that is enough for me bcz i like to change frequently. and dont forget to wear disposable panties too in case thr is leakage.

Read more

I did have a box of epikool but didn’t use any. Kotex overnight panties from second day (discharge day). I personally wore them for 3 months straight cause it’s convenient 😅 But it’s totally up to you, you can even wear normal pads from the start, just that you need to change more frequently.

I never used epi kool even though I had it cause it is heavy and uncomfortable for me. I wore kotex herbal 45cm pads for one month straight. It absorbs so well that i have no leakage issue. Just that need to change more frequently in the first few days.

Hi mummy! I got a whole box of epi kool from the hospital but I only used it once cause it felt really heavy. I used the Kotex post partum for two weeks, followed by the Kotex overnight ones for up to 3 more weeks.

Read more

i will use epi kool till the soreness went away, probably about 3 or 4 boxes?? i will get frm hospital 2 boxes and buy separately frm shopee another 2 boxes. overnight panty i bought 1 carton. cheap deal frm shopee.

TapFluencer

I used maternity disposable underwear that comes with in-built pads. It's more convenient & I used it for about 3-4 weeks after discharge. I used epikool for the first week only

2 weeks PP. been using at least 2 kotex overnight panties per day. I've also used 2 epi cool pads per day till now still using. I've perineal tear till butt hole.

I wore Kotex overnight for almost 2 weeks. Better to get more than few days supply in case the bleeding is more than few days which is the case for me

epikool is quite uncomfortable for me during day1&2 cos when it's full it's very heavy. I would prefer the ice cooling sanitary pad.

I have 5 pieces (Belvea cooling pad x5 epikool x1) with 150 pcs breastpads that im letting go of at $35 if u are interested :)