Hi Mummies, Any of you feel that your Husband is not pro-active with kids? My Husband always need to me tell him what to do with my #1.. I'm currently pregnant with #2. I have told him that he needs to be more pro-active now that I'm pregnant with #2 but he is not. LO is not close to him and I feel like I always the one who discipline her. I am not too sure whether I'm expecting too much. My husband is doing all the chores now due to my pregnancy. Daddies can provide some opinions as well.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally. Still wake up post noon and just slack on the sofa with his phone most of the time with no initiative to help - as a result LO already 1.5 yrs old is not close to him. Don’t even know how to do basic things and can’t be bothered to remember. How the father behaves really makes you consider if you want no.2. I wouldn’t want no.2 if I have to do everything myself. To be clear parenting is a joint responsibility and the father is not “helping” the mum but he should be shouldering his share of responsibilities. Other than not being able to carry the baby for 9mths to term, give birth and breastfeed, what excuse is there not to do anything else when both parents are working? The dad is not just a sperm donor!!

Read more