11 Replies

i had something like this at the end of my first trimester. now im in my 3rd trimester. thankfully no more skin reaction. this is my 1st pregnancy. i was so worried n stressed.. every night it gotten itchy.. so i took a long cool bath. went to poly, given the white solution n anti itch pill safe for pregnancy. still not getting better i went to a&e twice. doc diagnosed my skin reactions had nothing to do with pregnancy hormones and baby is healthy. 1st visit given a jab, prescribe anti itch pill and again the white solution. still not getting better, it got worsen. 2nd time went a&e, i was warded for 3days because it got swollen.. my face legs hands puff n red.. whole body frnt back all has the skin reaction. doc recommended suubalm. also can use aloevera. do not use powder, skin gets dry, n itchy more. i even dapdap with cold pack. swollen n red skin reaction. till i got fever. doc diagnosed mayb the skin reaction to something i allergic of. environmental or insect. which cant be trace. not food or medicine. n my body too stressed up.. need to calm down.. i was too tense because cant sleep at night, too itchy. 1st pregnancy, maybe i was overthinking. was given HL for 2weeks. after 3rd day, thankfully skin reaction subsided. ouhh please do not scratch. it will get worst. because i scratched. hehh.. cant take it. so if u not getting any better, go straight to A&E. if not, if ur appt with gynae is nearer, ask ur gynae. they will liaised with the skin doc too.

I have had this during my 1st trimester and I do think pregnancy changes my skin. I remember going to the doctor being very worried about the rash and itch but the doctor sees it as common issue and prescribed me those over the counter lotion. I wished I had just gone to pharmacy to get cause got it at doctor is 10 times more expensive lol 😂 As for complexion, first trimester my acne was bad bad bad probably due to hormones. I never really had pregnancy glow but my skin cleared up during 2nd and lasted until Postpartum so far.

i would suggest for you to consult your doc/gynae. i have the feeling of itchyness but not as bad as this. mine no redness or bumps. and i went to see the gynae just to have a peace of mind. it's common to have dry skin during pregnancy. but with rashes this bad, it's best to consult someone professional.

Yes i had this since my second tri and lasted until 24weeks around my belly so itchy doc prescribed me cream and antihistamine. My doc says it is common, nt to mention this, i had the worst acne breakout ever which i never had so my face pretty much gone lol.. so hang in there mummy!

Not sure if we have the same thing, but I also had red bumpy rashes like this last week, went to see a normal GP and found it’s hives from an allergy!

And to add on, I never had allergies before, but also found out that pregnancy can bring out allergies our of the blue!

I’m in my pp and I’m experiencing the rashes. I believe it’s due to hormone and our body is more sensitive during this period. ☹️

you must go see doc for this...looks really bad. Also do try su balm lotion for itchy skin its really good

Dont tink the gender was the cause. I was expecting a ger and my skin was just dry.

I’m at week 14 and have the exact same itchiness on my legs and it’s worse 😞

I applied anything to soothe the itch. I used aloe Vera gel, argan oil, moisturizer. Try not to scratch, difficult I know, but try. Cause I have scars after the rashes went away.

yeah I do. hmm I think being pregnant affects complexion already

Trending Questions

Related Articles