Umbilical cord around neck = c section?

Hi mummies, does umbilical cord around neck means c-section? Went for a scan yesterday as was told that there’s one round of cord around baby’s neck (but loosely wrapped) Baby has yet to turn- breech. Will it affect him from turning, causing a need for c-sect? - 29weeks #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

U're lucky tt this was caught earlier on. We only got to know baby had his umbilical cord wrapped ard his neck upon birth. Yup it's normal but tt cld have been the reason why I was not dilated at all aft doing all sorts of things frm walking alot and even had sex at 38 wks. Luckily we opted for csect cz my boy was a big baby at 3.8kg and I'm a petite mom. So it was a blessing for me tt we did csect. My birth was a smooth one with quick recovery too. I was alr walking ard aft hosp discharge as I insisted on gg to the hosp every day to bfeed my baby who had to be warded for high jaundice. No wound complications till now tt I'm pregnant with my 2nd. So even if u need to go for csect, don't worry abt it!

Read more

If im not mistaken, its quite common for baby’s umbilical cord to be wrapped around the body as baby is still moving around at this stage and baby still have time to go head down position. However if the gynae highlight it as a concern then maybe can ask them for advise, else if they never say anything, means still not concerning.

Read more