Baby' Heartbeat

Hi mummies to be, just curious to know..once we check with gyane on baby's heartbeat, and everything is fine...then our next appt will be 2 weeks means how do we know how is the baby doing inside the womb till the next appt? I had an experience where at 6 wks baby' s heartbeat was heard thereafter 3 weeks later suddnly no heartbeat...so just curious if we hev to wait so long for the next appt how do we knoe wats the baby doing inside? Pls share ...

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you... I had a heartbreaking loss last year. Not my 1st pregnancy and I already can feel my baby flutters at 11 weeks. You'll feel flutters very early if you have been pregnant & gave birth more than twice as your uterus has already stretched. Normally for scans, you don't do on every visits. You only need to do on certain pregnancy months. Your 1st dating scan. Nuchal translucency scan. Screening scan. Growth scan. Then you will only just get to hear your baby's heartbeat with the handheld machine - doppler which is readily available at your gynae's clinic/room on other visits. I only had the 2 scans (1st dating scan & nuchal translucency). My next scan will be when I am 5 mths pregnant. Try to bed rest as much as possible. Do not ever try to do or lift heavy things. Be stress free mummy. I know you feel worried and afraid. I am too but for now bed rest is the best option.

Read more
TapFluencer

i totally understand how you feel... for me i’ll make sure I can feel baby’s movements everyday and watch out for miscarriage symptoms.

4y ago

bleeding and discharge of tissues, loss of pregnancy symptoms like nausea, breast tenderness. you should ask your gynae what you should look out for in your next visit.

Can download app in appstore to listen to baby’s heartbeat. I used MyBabyHeart and it’s pretty good.

You can buy a fetal dropple from online to check the baby heartbeat everyday