Hiccups and burping

Hello mummies! My baby girl is already 12 days old. Just want to ask if it’s normal that when burping time it take a while or sometimes she doesn’t burp at all and most of the time after drinking milk whether it’s breast milk or formula she gets hiccups. Thank you in advance 💖

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! Yeap its normal for them to take awhile. My 1st born is only 9 days old. So what i did was to put him in a sitting position and tap his back.. then hold him up against my chest and tap his back again.. he usually burbs 2 times. 😅😅. We really need to have some patience with them. 😂😂😂

yep its normal.. but then again just try your best to burp bb for 10mins and For hiccups, you can consider feeding your bb in more slightly elevated angle or upright angle than usual and keep them upright for 20mins after feeding for burping, carrying around etc..

hello ... my girl is at 3 weeks now turning 1 mnth in 4 days time... she is having cough and after coughing she will vomit out milk.. is this normal ?

it’s normal that it takes awhile. their muscles are not developed enough to burp properly that’s why they need extra help from adults

TapFluencer

Yup. Normal.