Diaper questions (newborn)

Hi mummies! Would appreciate your advise on the following: For newborn diapers: 1. Should I stock up on NB Size or S Size for the first 1-2 months? 2. Diaper brand recommendations? *Preferably more pocket friendly since NB needs to change out frequently. 3. What’s the avg price for a pack of diapers/ per pc to be considered as cheap? Been seeing a lot of people selling on carousell and mummies groupchat but it’s either different pricing or different qty. #firsttimemom #advicepls #firstbaby #pregnancy

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No need to stock up, just buy 1 extra. Every baby is different, I bought 2 NB, 2 S… baby used 8 packets of NB before transiting to size S 😟 Used Huggies Naturemade for NB and Merries for size S. I always camp at Carousell to buy diapers 😂 Usually when their baby outgrow, some mummies will sell off at $10 (UP $18~$23). Otherwise if urgent and Carousell don’t have, shopee/lazada (got voucher & cashback). Merries is cheaper than Huggies.

Read more

like many mentioned, it depends on baby's size. i used NB for a month only and switched to S size after. For NB, we used huggies not too sure which version. And have been using Merries since the switch over. currently baby is using Merries M. I always get bundle (boxes) on shopee/lazada during sales period

Read more

Can play by ear in the first few weeks/first month cause it’s dependent on baby’s size. I’ve been using Merries since baby was born and get them from Shopee during the sale period. Even if it’s not during the sales period, it’s still cheaper than getting from the supermarket. :)

Read more

No need to stock up diapers. In my case baby was 2.5kg and I used JB for first month.Then changed to NB and S later on. Initially used Huggies as I wanted to buy JB size. Now using Merries. It’s cheaper and no issues on babies skin. I always buy from Shopee

No need to stock up on diapers. it depends on weight of baby and how much baby will gain weight post delivery. i used NB size for roughly 3 weeks. 1packet per week roughly. after that change to S size 4-8 kg. i am using Huggies and Merries

I guess dependent on your baby size. Sometimes laz has good deals on diapers.. so every time we will stock up during those special dates like 8.8 9.9 kind when deal is ok. My gal used nb for quite long before she changed to S

yea depends on the weight and also the thigh/tummy area of baby. my baby transitted from NB to S and to M quite fast cos of her legs haha. so it really depends. im using huggies naturemade and r&f.

i prep mine with 2 pkts of nb and 1 pkt S. depends on birth weight too. actually can prep 3pkts of nb due to hvy usage during 1st month. i used merries and got it on shopee too.

Read more

for the 1 mth i think u need to get JB. then subsequently NB. depends on baby weight. im using merries. not sure about price pr pc n all.

No need to stock up. I did it and My baby overgrew. so I had to change the size. So I felt it was like a waste of money.