Sleep training

Hi mummies, anyone sleep trained their baby after 4 months? Could you share the sleep training method used? My baby is having difficulties connecting her sleep cycles at night and can be awake 30 mins after being put down. She also associates night nursing to sleep. Baby is fully breastfed currently.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t bother with sleep training now because once they start teething, everything is on restart again. They will have their own sleep cycle as they grow. Try stretching her wake time before bedtime. Try shower > feed > sleep. However you mentioned that she is fully breastfed (assuming from the breast), hence she might wake up more frequently to feed. It won’t last long, as they grow, they will tend to sleep longer (STTN) and feed lesser. For now, I’d advise to continue feeding on demand, let her adjust to her sleeping cycle. 😊

Read more

hi baby is turning 6 month old and is fully on breast too. sorry to tell you this but sleep training them is hard. but good thing is as they grow older they will sleep longer especially when we are right beside them at night. our smell somehow soothes them 🤭 my baby will wakeup a few times when she just fall asleep. but after 1-2 hours she will sleep all the way until its time to wakeup. hang in there

Read more
1y ago

Your baby is 6 months and sleeps all the way from what time to what time? Mine 6 months still waking up every hour to latch.. is it normal?