1 Replies

Yes, me. I was under the subsidise route so the gynaes thought I had GD but it was negative. Then thought I had pre-eclampsia which was also negative. I was really heavy but barely put on weight and my tummy was big. I also had very terrible pelvic pain bcos of the pressure and I always walk in pain. Can't remember how many scans I did before it was confirmed that I've high amniotic fluid. My AFI was 25-29. Was told that my waterbag might break early and to prepare for preterm labour which eventually did happen to me. Packed my hospital bag after I got home from that day. Note that this was not my 1st pregnancy so I was looking out for signs of labour like contractions which I normally do with my previous pregnancies. I kept having very frequent braxton hicks but I thought it's just BH. I started to leak at 35w3d and was admitted right away. My pad was always soiled and I also always had to change my hospital attire. Was told to look out signs for smelly or yellowish water discharge which indicates an infection. Had high fever 3 days later bcos I had an infection and I was induced. Gave birth at 35w6d. My baby was affected by the infection and since he was born preterm he was put in the NICU & Special Care Nursery. I was put in High Dependecy Ward after birth but moved to the normal maternity ward the next day. My baby can't be with me so I had to go to NICU & SCN daily to hold him and feed him. There he was put on antibiotics. We stayed for another 5 days before we were given the thumbs up to go home. Gave birth on Feb. My baby is well and healthy today.

It was a tough journey with him, my rainbow baby. The labour itself was a long story otherwise I will have to go for emergency c-sect if I did not dilate as what gynae's expecting but glad everything was alright. Can't remember but I think when I was at 32 weeks when they noticed? Then I had to re-scan again to confirm the diagnosis. Anyway it's a condition called Polyhydramnios but normally baby will come out fine just that your amniotic fluid is on the high side.

Trending Questions

Related Articles