Mummies, anyone does the 开奶 massage ceremony for your breast after giving birth? Want to know is it worth it. Because for my #1, i have less milk. Within a month stop. So im thinking of bf-ing my #2 when he is born. So im also at the same time scare i maybe low supply and waste the money to do 开奶 massage.. Thanks in advance(:

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also believe that demand = supply. My LO is 18 weeks and I'm still giving breast milk but after my maternity leave, I pump instead of latching on weekdays, and only latch on weekends. What I'm saying is, latch on regularly for the start. After the first week, if you want to increase milk supply, remember to pump to empty your breast of milk after each BF session. This will tell the factories to produce more milk. Eat healthy and drink lots of water. I take oat meal with fruits every morning up till now and also supplements like multivits and fenugreek. To be honest I don't believe there's a need to pay for massage. Even if you did the massage but is not hardworking to latch or pump often, your supply will not be much. But it's no harm to go for it if you have extra cash...

Read more
VIP Member

For me don't need to waste such money. Have breastmilk have bm if don't have then feed fm. For me supply was low initially but with constant effort milk supply starts to come in and do post natal massage and breast massage can ler. I also never hear any of this kind of massage ceremony at all.

TapFluencer

Hi mummy bm supply is by supply and demand. What will affect your milk supply will be food you take too. Maybe you wanna eat more fish to standby for milk?

VIP Member

i didn't do any massage. I believe demand = supply. Constant latching = supply will generate. Care to share if u pumped or latched during ur #1 days

7y ago

I only pump for my #1. Still supply low..

VIP Member

I didnt do any special massage. But the nurses at kkh did help to push super rough and hard for the milk to flow. For free though.

Never heard of this ceremony before. But had rhe lactation nurse to help me massage during kkh stay.

I never did any postnatal massage and I've got ample supply for my baby. Just Latch on demand

TapFluencer

oh not heard of stress was the major impediment for me though... that's y nothing else helped

Demand and supply More demand, more supply