Anyone else babies are too afraid of the outside world?

Hi mummies, any 8th months old are still afraid to venture out. For example, they’ll still cling on you and is too afraid to enjoy the situation/environment? Even with people and places. Its like they are an introvert when we’re outside but when at home they’re very extrovert. Even when the people around them are not touching/playing with them, but upon looking at any person from a distance they’ll cry out of nowhere? Will they grow out of this or should I be concern?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal if they are usually home. My LO started interacting and play herself outside only after 1.. Cause when they make eye contact with another stranger, they are scared. My LO can talk whole day non stop but once she’s outside and see strangers, she becomes silent mode. Now she can wave and flying kiss to random strangers (although 90% of the time she gets ignored and feel sad). Interact with older kids and even approach other parents to play. Try bringing baby out more, don’t force them to interact when they are showing refusal. Let them slowly open up and explore. It will get better overtime when he’s used to seeing more people outside.

Read more

same as mine