15 weeks old getting up after 4 hrs

Hi Mummies, My 15 weeks old boy gets up after 4 hrs of his first feed. He will not sleep until he is fed again. Is this normal ? I have heard babies this age start to sleep for longer stretches. #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

hi hi if baby is on breastmilk it digests pretty quickly around 90mins! so small babies under two or three months will need alot of feeds throughout the night. i shared before and learned from my peads and gynae that we should feed baby every two to three hours through the night since they are not accustomed to feeds too. sometimes we have to wake them and feed them. to be fair theyve been on the umbilical cord for nine months right? so its hard for them to keep themselves fed or cry out all groggy and sleepy. so yes our rest is absolutely challenged at this point. i barely had sleep for three months but my baby is super healthy so im so thankful! now at five months she wakes u every four hours so i do diaper change, then a good feed and back down to sleep for another four hours. so thats a good 12 hour sleep from nine pm to nine am🥹🥹🥹

Read more
10mo ago

Wow so good. My baby won’t sleep after 6 am haha. And he wakes up every 4 hrs. He is 3.5 months old now

depends on baby to baby. maybe you can try to sleep train him/her?

10mo ago

Yeap trying everyday :) hopefully gets better

yes normal