14 months old still cannot walk

Hi mummies! My 14 month old baby is still standing with support now. I’ve tried so many ways to encourage her. Breaks my heart seeing her friends in infant care around her age are already running around. Any tips? I’m so worried.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t need to worry, some take up to 18mo to walk. You can try bringing her to indoor play areas/playgrounds. They will get excited, sometimes they will forget and even start running. That’s what happened to my LO, after bringing her to one session of indoor play, she can even brisk walk and run from wobbling in a day! Don’t compare, different kids different pace.. Some kids barely have 4 tooth even at 18mo while some almost have all their tooth. Just like my kid, till now her still lesser than some newborns even at 17mo. Solid intake also way lesser than 6mo babies. Trust your kid! 🩷

Read more

my son is already 15 mths and still can't walk on his own. requires support and gives up easily and goes back to crawling. was told not to worry cause different kids grow differently. we realise that he love to be praised so whenever he stands on his own or walk a little we will praise him to boost his confidence.

Read more