How to handle a mother in law

My mother in law is always hoping my son won't be close to me... since young until now he is two. She really constantly saying hurting words like your mummy walk away, you smile. Then yesterday my son didn't wait for me and walk away with my father in law, she will make comment like see he left.... and give a smile like very happy he left without me.... I really don't know what's wrong with her. I don't even know how to trust her with my son... its to the point I don't want to see her..... I really feel so stress being around her.#advicepls #firstbaby #firstmom #pleasehelp

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, when she does it for the first time, I will ask my husband to either go handle his mother or I will. If I have to step in, she can forget about her grandchild until she changes. How will my kid think of me when she keeps saying all those nonsense. I was damn timid before I have a kid, so everytime my mil do funny or say hurtful things I just keep quiet. Now, no chance. I remember packing all our stuffs and we ignored and cut her off for 3 months until she came and say sorry. From then on, way better and don’t dare to anyhow. You give me 1 I give you 100. Kids are very smart, they usually know who (grandparents especially) will give in to their 1001 requests regardless while we parents will limit. She is welcomed to babysit her husband 24/7 at her place since he is her child but don’t come and talk nonsense to or snatch my kid. It is MY kid. And tbh, you’re just my mil. I respect you as my husband’s mum but it works both ways. Stand up for yourself 💪🏻.

Read more
6mo ago

Let her cry lor.. She heng she kena soft hearted DIL, for me, don’t give me dramas, you want to cry or what go cry to your husband or son.. As if my life not enough problems 🤷‍♀️. From what I see, she’s just victim playing. She’s the one hurting you with her words, trying to brainwash nonsense to your son so I definitely won’t let her have her way. Imagine she goes on with this for 5-10 years what would your son think of mummy?