Im 30 weeks pregnant!

Is it more painful to give birth naturally than c-sect? I wanna be mentally and physically ready as im planning for a natural birth! Hopefully!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on your pain threshold lah. Both have it's pros & cons. Natural delivery is painful but there's always epidural to help you which will numb you from waist down but the side effect is shivering as if you're in a very cold room. You'll be able to sleep while the crazy contractions is still going on w/o you feeling anything. Plus the stitches if you ever need which you won't feel a thing cos your vagina will be numb but you'll feel the pain after the numbness wears off. You'll have trouble peeing and pooping cos painful. But you'll be able to do post natal massage 2-3 days later & you'll heal faster with natural delivery. While c-sect you'll be under anesthesia & normally the pain will come after the numbness wears off & may take mths to recover. You'll only be able to do post natal massage weeks later. But again, labour is unpredictable lah. You may want to go for natural sekali your baby is breech or your cervix refuse to dilate after hrs & hrs in labour and then you have got no choice but to go for emergency c-sect. Ways to induce for natural delivery. Walk alot. Really alot. Do squats. Curb walk. Climb up & down the stairs. I won't suggest bouncing on a yoga ball cos not everyone has it. These exercises helps you to dilate but do this after 34 weeks.

Read more

I tried natural delivery without epidural. Already dilated 9cm but ended up with emergency c section 🤦🏻‍♀️ I can say the contraction was super pain (it really depends on individual). For c section recovery take longer time (again depends on individual). If I were to have 2nd kids, I will try do natural delivery with epidural. 😆 I will suggest you choose natural delivery with epidural. Good luck mummy!

Read more

epidural will help in reducing the contraction pain for long labour especially first time mummy. under normal circumstances, gynae will usually suggest natural birth as recovery is faster, around 2 weeks for myself. it’s not the pushing that is painful, the contraction is the killer.

For me natural birth with epidural was the best decision I ever made. Able to nap and chit chat with my husband during my 14hours labour. Welcomed my bb with a well rested body and no phobia of giving birth again.

VIP Member

The recovery for natural birth is much more faster.. natural the pain is before the baby is out.. csect the pain is afterr the baby is out. Which one u want? 🤣

VIP Member

I had natural birth without epidural. For me its still bearable and once you pushed the baby out, the pain automatically will be gone