Hospital Bag

Hi moms, What should I pack for a vaginal delivery at NUH? Anybody has any birth experiences to share? #firstbaby #pregnancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I packed a whole lot in my hospital bag, but ended up using only a few things, as NUH provided most things needed. They charged them in the bill, but it saved us trouble. Per NUH, what you’ll need to bring: For the mother • Comfortable clothes or pajamas with front fastening (hospital’s nursing pajamas will be provided) • Cardigan • Nursing bras • Breast pads • Slippers (will be provided in A class ward) • Toiletries (will be provided in A & B class wards) • All documents given during pre-registration For the baby • Hat • Mittens & booties • Vest • Blanket or shawl for use on the day of discharge Basically, I needed my IC, wallet, handphone and charger, all the documents given during pre-registration, pen for filling forms, clothes for mommy and baby for the day of discharge, and a swaddle to wrap baby when going home.

Read more

not pretty sure abt Nuh cos nobody replied you but the nurse during your appt will infm you on what to bring and the cost and finances right? cos for sgh they told me not to bring any baby clothes and swaddles as it was given and the cost is included. even diapers, maternity pads and disposable underwear. but i think you need a spray for down below when you pee as it might be painful as our pee is warm. i always pee in the shower w the cold water on. it was so much better to pee! 1. bring your own toiletries(toothbrush etc) 2. your postpartum waist corset 3. socks. you can wear back your outfit the one u admitted with as once u admit u wearing hosp gown.

Read more
2y ago

Hi, thanks for this. So for sgh private patient, just bring toiletries, corset, socks and clean set of clothes to go home ya?

Giving birth on aug at KKH but this is what i prepared in my list 🤭 For mummy : • Travel kit toiletries for mummy • Towel (if you plan to shower) • Phone Charger • Postnatal mesh pad pants • Compression Socks • Makeup (light makeup to look fresh and not dead zombie) 😂 - Coloured lipbalm, eyebrow pencil • Dress, bra with crocs (i’ll be wearing back the same clothes i admitted.) For baby: • Receiving Blanket (swaddle) • Newborn Romper • Hat • Mitten • Booties (socks)

Read more
Post reply image

hi.. so bring newborn baby home using what? is there a recommended carrier for new borns?

2y ago

thanks!