pregnant but cannot stop smoking 😭

Hi Moms, please don't judge. I'm reaching out because I'm feeling really confused and torn right now. I recently found out I'm pregnant, which is incredibly exciting, but I'm struggling with a habit I know I need to break: smoking. I've been a smoker for quite some time, and while I desperately want to quit for the health of my baby, I'm finding it incredibly difficult. Whenever I try to refrain from smoking altogether, I start feeling extremely nauseous and end up vomiting. It's like my body is rebelling against me for depriving it of something it's used to. Here's what I've been doing lately: instead of inhaling the smoke into my lungs like I used to, I've been just drawing it into my mouth and then exhaling. It's not ideal, I know, but it seems to alleviate the nausea temporarily. I'm aware of the dangers of smoking during pregnancy, and I'm really trying my best to do what's right for my baby. But I feel so lost and conflicted right now. Has anyone else been in a similar situation or have any advice to offer? I would really appreciate any guidance or support you can provide. Thank you so much. 🌸 #seriouslyasking #nojudgement #firsttimemom

profile icon
Write a reply
Be the first to reply