Empty Gestational Sac

Hi Moms out there! This would be my 3rd pregnancy and I had my 1st prenatal check up yesterday. My LMP was Feb. 7,2020 so the EDD should be Nov. 13 however, due to a brownish discharge last Monday night and yesterday morning, I rushed to the hospital immediately. Good thing they have an OB Gyne clinic opened. Based on my TVS, I have an empty gestational sac for 6 weeks and 4 days which is contrary with the calculation on my LMP. The OB Sonologist advised me for a repeat TVS after 2 weeks to validate if the embryo is already viable that time but if not, my OB told me that it could be a possible blighted ovum which will lead to a possible 70% miscarriage. When the time she said that, I just sat down in a corner and cried silently. Dont know what to do or what to think. But, she precribed duphaston for the light brownish discharge which is already a slight bleeding. I want to know if I have similar cases out there and if after 2 weeks, the baby will be viable that time already. Thank you. Still have that hope.

Empty Gestational Sac
2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

How many weeks are you based on your LMP? Usually that should match or at least near the date of your baby's gestational age.

4y ago

Thank you po. God bless din po. Hopefully, baby is viable na after 2 weeks on my nxt TVS.