Celebrating birthdays

Hi moms! I would like to ask for an opinion. I have a child whose birthday falls on end November so we are planning to celebrate on the coming weekend which is 1st Dec. But we also have another birthday on end December. So question would be does make sense to do in mid dec for both so means one is belated birthday another one is advance? We have never had any parties so we would like to throw one simple with families as one of my child has started asking why are her cousins/ friends able to celebrate and she isn’t 😥

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For my family, eg we have 3 that falls on June (start, mid and end of June) so we will hold the gathering on the mid of June but at the same time not on anyone’s actual day. This is to save cost and time as everyone have work/schools so 3 parties is not very feasible. Afterall, as long as everyone gets their present, it’s a win- win for everybody 🤣. I would personally hold it on mid Dec. If you feel bad for the belated kid, can hold a small direct family gathering (mom, dad, siblings only) then leave the bigger gatherings on mid Dec 😊.

Read more

You can simply combine to save $ but make it simple for both kids. However it has to be a suitable theme or no theme but perhaps some goodies, games or their own personal fav cake design. Whatever suits your budget and make the kids happy.

5mo ago

Tell them that we save $ and therefore we wish to combine. No right wrong answer and no need ro share with them as they give such negative remarks. End day it is your money not them.