Harmony Test

Any mommies who did not have the harmony test? And why?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didn't take any of it even though I'm 32. Hubby and I decided that we will accept whatever outcome it is for our baby and will never go for abortion. So I didn't put myself through tests and the agony of inconclusive results.

Im 34 and first pregnancy. Hosp kept pestering me to take downsyndrome or Harmony test but i skipped despite having 2nd thoughts, cos at the end of the day, i will keep my baby no matter what. 🥰

VIP Member

It boils down to you being a pro life or pro choice person. If you’re a pro life person, no point testing because no matter what you’ll keep the baby. So don’t waste the money + add on additional worries! :)

Nope! Didn’t do the test, even my gynae said I don’t need to, but I could if I wanted to. He said cuz I’m pretty young (24 years old), Baby probably won’t have high risks for down syndrome

VIP Member

1) too expensive 2) if you scan and baby is not normal, you will still keep the baby right? So why waste money if you are alrdy planning to keep baby.

I took oscar instead of harmony as it was pretty expensive. My Oscar result was 1/9000+, thus, I decided not to continue with harmony.

I did the Oscar and not the harmony. Reason being i don’t think I am in the high risk category (ie not over 35 years of age).

VIP Member

I did not take as even if i know the result, i just need to accept the fact, thats all. And somemore need to pay quite a lot

Only did Oscar(even thought I was 37 when I was pregnant), result was low risk hence didn’t go for the Harmony test.

VIP Member

It’s not recommended to take if mummy age is below 30 years as the risk is much lower than higher age group.