When period will be back

Hi mommies, when your period will be back when we are breasfeeding? Im 12 months post partum.

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Some mummy have tgeir period even when they are breastfeeding, some not. But if you are not having your period, it doesn't mean you aren't ovulating sometimes. If you are the type that dont have menses when you bf, your mense should come back after u wean off. That's what happened to my gf and she went to see her gynea to check if she's ovulating coz she planning to have another child.

Read more
VIP Member

It varies for individuals. Usually it won’t come back as long as u r breastfeeding but for some people, they can be having period while breastfeeding. If u stop breastfeeding, the period will come back about one month later.

my period was back 2 months post partum, and it's heavy flow for the first 2 days. I am fully breastfeeding. I'm wondering if there any mummy has the same experience as mine? Rhe supply is obviously dropped when having period.

4mo ago

Yes I shared the same experience too. When I read everyone mentioned you won’t have menses if u bf, I was surprised my menses came 2 months postpartum too. But I realised that it’s normal for some women.

my period back aftr 6 months post partum and regularry for 4 months after that change everythings run 2 weeks from the regular date and now unpredictble im fully bresstfeeding

VIP Member

I think it's different for everyone. Mine came back at 11 months pp but it's lighter than my normal period. I'm exclusively breastfeeding up to now.

VIP Member

Really varies between mummies. I’m fully breastfeeding. Period came back at 2mpp for #1. For #2, I’m 9mpp now. Haven’t return yet

VIP Member

Hi! Im breastfeeding since day 1. My baby will be turning 1 in a week :) ur not alone momsh 👍👍👍

sometimes it came back after you reducing your bf, some after stop bf. it takes time for body to adjust =)

Hi, It totally depends on the individual. Generally during breastfeeding, the periods gets delayed

VIP Member

Mine came back 9 months post giving birth as I was breastfeeding. During then, my supply dip !