Nipple Shield

Hi mommies! Is there any moms who have inverted nipple? Do you use nipple shield for breastfeeding? Or just latch properly without nipple shield? Thanks moms

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, i think you do need a breast shield ,if you have inverted nipple, but do not rely too much , nipple shield is considerred as a transitional period tool, the most important thing is latching properly as well as feeding position. If not sure , you can text me at 90610189 I am a lactation consultant from singjoy

Read more
Post reply image

had some problem with my right side. latching was bad for the 1st 2 week until there's an ulcer on the nipple. did not use a shield, just continue to pump out on the right & feed with the left till heal. baby managed to latch in proper from 3rd week onwards.

VIP Member

I have flat/short nipple and my baby wasn't able to latch when she was younger. I used a breastshield to let her build trust that the nipple is the milk source and slowly removed it. She is about 2 months when she can dl without the nipple shield!

TapFluencer

I rmb I came across a article about inverted nipple besides using nipple shield you can use a pump like instrument to somehow pull your nipple right before latching you can try Google about it.

Hi mama! Have your issue been resolved? I am curious! Not sure if I should get nipple shield or nipple puller? Pretty worried if baby couldn’t latch on inverted nipple 😩

3y ago

Thank you for sharing mama! It’s always good to hear from experiences rather than just read off the net. Pray for me! 💕

VIP Member

I had inverted nipples before. I just keep latching my baby until my nipples are back to normal. Didnt know about nipple shield before so yeap. 😂

4y ago

Wah..awesome..you latch your baby perfectly..i’m still struggling because blister on my inverted nipple and comfortable position for breastfeeding.. May I know what’s your position when you feed your baby with inverted nipple?