Safe essential oils

Hi Mommies! any recommendations for essential oils and diffusers suitable for pregnancy? TIA!😍

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey there!!! I would definitely recommend this book. I found it in the library and it was a go to for my last pregnancy. They bother to go by the scientific name of the oil so you can’t go wrong. Also mama, do go for the higher grade ones
they’re a little pricier but the cheaper ones tend to be watered down or mixed and from what I read, some have the ability to bring on contractions so do proceed with caution. Hope this helps!

Read more
Post reply image

I know about young living brand, but I use DoTerra brand as it is a competitor and cheaper pricing 😬 both have well regarded oil quality and the price speaks for itself. Impt to use good quality oils as you’re breathing it in or applying on skin. I’m less adventurous during pregnancy and only use peppermint oil on my stomach or back to facilitate burps when bloated. It works. I believe tea tree is safe too. I use for pimples.

Read more
Super Mum

YL oils are good and i normally use Lavender or Purification. Essential oils that are safe during pregnancy are: Combat morning sickness and nausea Cardamom Ginger Promote calm, relaxation, and a good night's sleep Frankincense German or Roman Chamomile Lavender Neroli Petitgrain Rose or Rosewood Uplift your mood Geranium Lemon Patchouli Sandalwood Wild Orange

Read more

Hi there! I would definitely recommend Easecox essential oil. It helps me to reduce water retention and also prevent stretch mark too! Personally recommend you to go for the pure essential oil without mixing any additives, although pricier but definitely worth the price that you paid for. I used it with the based oil mixed with the essential oil.

Read more

I'm using the Now Foods series of Lavender, Eucalyptus and Frankincense to help me wind down at night, I'm in my first trimester. Also using the USB powered bed side diffuser from Now Foods which lasts 6 hours per top up

Young Living! I've been using their oils for my pregnancy mood swings/emotions. And to help me sleep better! And Thieves for immunity.