Which insurance did you get?

Hi mommies! I’m at 10weeks now and am looking at several insurance policies from 13weeks onwards. Kindly advise on which did y’all get and how was your experience? Also will be great to add in how much are y’all paying? Thank you so much in advance!! #firstbaby #advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I took AXA. Mine is ivf bb so not many co accepts me. What attracted me most is, they cover early c-sec due to complications, so if let's say i kena c-sec at 33weeks, they do cover tis. I don't think other co does that, but u r free to find out. The maternity plan is a lil ex but could be due to my age (36) but then i feel it's ok, cos if emergency c-sec at MtE, it's gonna cost alot n some help (able to claim) is better than nothing... N got the usual life insurance right after her birth la; i chose to commit 20yrs, n it's cheap (<1.2k/yr) cos of the lil one's entry age lol. And free health plan (b) for bb right after her birth, without any underwriting needed. Again most co will need to assess bb after they r born right, but AXA don't need to, just give them the Bc and they will cover bb within a week or two. N if urs end up to be premmies, most other co do not allow u to buy health insurance til bb turns 1 yo. For bb/ toddlers to be hospitalised due to Hfmd or fever etc, it's very common. These insurances r helping u to save money in e long run.

Read more

I took AIA. For mine, I’m 33 and paying $108 per month for the first year for their maternity plan. After that it’s $70+ per month. Can transfer to baby once born and become life plan with a coverage of $100k and also it has some savings for baby. Once baby is out, you may want to get him/her hospital & accident plan on top of a life plan. After which you can consider savings plan, etc. The younger you are, the cheaper your insurance is. Everyone is from different age group so will be a bit difficult to compare between different insurance companies and their maternity plans. Ask for a consultation with no obligation and then decide one that suits your Budget. Some insurance companies have a time limit of the pregnancy (like AIA is max 33 or 36 weeks) so you may want to quickly decide whether you need one or not before it’s too late. 🤗

Read more

Maternity insurance from GE. Depending on your age, below 30, I paid for basic coverage ($500ish). They have upgraded plan around $800ish. 1 time payment to cover the pregnancy, as well as for newborn (30days). I already have existing supremehealth coverage, which covers some pregnancy and delivery complications like pre-eclampsia, breech delivery etc.

Read more

I did a lot of comparing & AIA has probably the best policy for babies. maternity insurance Can be turned into life insurance after baby is born and can choose to pay for 12 years and covers whole life. I bought that.

I got AIA as they able to provide me a lot of coverage and 1 time service. So after bb is born I can jus convert it to life time insurance for bb with them. Save all the hassle..

Hi. I bought it from AIA as I'm a financial consultant myself. Been comparing across different company too. haha. if you need an comparison chart, let me know!

NTUC INCOME, single premium that can cover mum during pregnancy and baby for 3 years. $300++ for $5000 sum assured.

Prudential as all my policies are with them.

I took Manulife’s ReadyMummy plan.

VIP Member

I took ReadyMummy plan from Manulife