4month old having diarrhoea for 2weeks

Hi Mommies, My 4-month old son has been having diarrhoea for the past 2 weeks. Though not all poops are watery, he poops about 6 times a day (which was what led to me thinking that he's having a diarrhoea.) Been to the paedi 3 times and sent stool for testing and all turned out well. He's on probiotics - Biogaia even before this episode of diarrhoea. Formula wise we are using Similac Total Comfort which is already lactose free and very gentle on the stomach. He's still active, eating and sleeping well. No signs of dehydration. Only concern is really just the frequency and texture of poop. He poops so much that his butt is already quite sore. Any of you have experienced this? Can you please share if there's anything else I can do? Or is this going to be the new norm because doctor told me so long he's still active & stool test didn't show anything alarming, it shouldn't be too worrying. I've attached images of his poop.

4month old having diarrhoea for 2weeks
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can wipe baby’s butt using boiled cotton ball (let it cool down after boiling and save in a sterilised container together with the water from boiling). It’s gentler on skin compare to wet wipes.

Super Mum

Perhaps you should wash his butt after poo instead of using wet wipes. Warm water will not cause as much redness. Slap on the diaper rash cream to protect his skin.