As a mom, have you ever felt the pressure to cook? I have no passion for cooking and now my husband urges me to learn how to cook. Do you sometimes feel this?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

to be honest, i barely used to cook before i got married, and that too when i wanted to eat a certain dish my way. the moment i got married, it was just me and hubby, and initially there was a lot of pressure on me from him and also through my in-laws that i should cook. in fact, if i could not cook it perfectly, they would call up my parents and complain. i wanted to avoid the unpleasantness and decided to go along with trying and finally learned all about cooking. also, once i had my 2 kids, i have been very particular about cooking myself and making healthy and delicious foods at home, rather than having a cook or ordering from outside. i guess everyone has a different take on it. i was kind of forced into it and am now comfortable doing it, though there are days when i take a break maybe once in a few months. then there are others who just love to cook, and others who never cook. it all depends on your interest really. if you don't want to, you can try learning and see how it goes. at least you will be able to tell him that you tried and did not enjoy it :)

Read more

i am also not one of those who really loves to cook, but i have started doing so especially after the birth of my children. because i get bored of cooking the regular meals all the time, i try to break them up into fun things. so some days, i will serve them breakfast items for lunch, or maybe add soem more things to a favourite snack and serve it as a meal. this helps me to stay interested in cooking, and also lets the children enjoy their food!

Read more

I personally haven't cooked for the family since I got married 4 years ago. This hasn't been a big deal with my husband as he knows from the start that it's not really not my passion. He has urged me though to take some cooking lessons, but it never materialized. Up to this day, it is my husband who cooks for us and we're both fine with it. We have our own chores and responsibilities in the family.

Read more

I feel the same way, mommy! My husband can make delicious meals without looking at a recipe or asking anybody how to cook a particular dish. But me, on the other hand, don't know how to make my dishes taste good. And it really bothers me because hubby wants me to learn, but I absolutely do not love cooking. I'd rather do the laundry or wash the dishes!

Read more

when i first got married i was never interested in cooking and would occasionally eat out. once the kids arrived, i have always cooked at home myself. i know what you mean, but homecooked food is always the best and healthiest. i would suggest if you don't want to go to a cooking class you can always find easy and innovative recipe tutorials online.

Read more

yes i have! in fact there are so many days when i feel it would be great to just order in food, but because of the kids i end up making fresh at home. even if i am alright to sometimes order from outside, my husband is very paranoid and wants to keep them away from outside food as much as possible.

Read more

yes exactly!I don't like to cook but i have no choice as my kids are young and they need home-cook food. My husband did advise me to go learn. But i told him that i will learn from youtube and slowly meddle with cooking.

VIP Member

Yes it's more like a natural calling that mom usually cooks. Try looking at videos to learn some cooking videos? Get insipired from there

Youtube helped me improved my cooking skills. Sounds funny but true. As well as Hell's Kitchen and Master Chef.