Female doctor

My mistake for this pregnancy is not to have any private gynae. But how do we request for female doc during my labour later at kkh ? Is it possible? Im at 36 weeks, too late for me to choose any private gynae.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey I’m currently at week 34 and only decided to switch to private last week. I’m w kkh too. Since technically you have 4 weeks left or so, I think you can try giving them a call and ask for a gynae that you have in mind!

Super Mum

I think you may be able to put in a request for a female doctor at the registration counter and give them an explanation. Not exactly sure if it will work but no harm trying!

yes once ure admitted to kkh they will ask whether you want only lady doc to attend to you at all times including during emergency.

still possible. can let the nurses know or the doctor know that you would like to choose a female gynae in youe next visit.

Super Mum

Just give them a call and ask what is the procedure. You can request for Dr Jesse Phoon. She was my gyne for my 2nd birth.

you can request on the day of admission (when u gg togive birth), go for B1, by default is private doctor

Super Mum

I think you can certainly ask. No harm in trying and I’m sure they’ll try their best :)

TapFluencer

can try to request and it will also depend on whether the gynae you wanted is available

It’s possible just inform the Dr/nurse or call in to inform them.

I think there is no harm in asking for this request. It might help