What's the most ridiculous superstitions you've heard from your mum?

Mine was if lady's panties are washed using washing machine, the whole family will be bankrupt because women have menses, and menses blood is dirty. So everybody uses the washing machine and it will affect the men's luck in the household. Even when you're pregnant, you're supposed to squat down and wash your panties yourself because everybody uses the sink, and that will affect the luck as well. #superstitions #randomtalk

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup heard this from my mom before but another reason is also because it may spoil the elasticity. I did squat down when pregnant. Is good to do squats. As for the men’s luck, I think is just erm bullshit haha… separate wash but also nvr see men’s luck become better? Or maybe just didn’t worsen only. Got menses also cannot enter temple to pray. Actually got lots of ridiculous superstitions. Can’t blame them as they were brought up in that era. Just ignore and ‘appreciate the differences’ Don’t have to die die listen to them if you don’t believe in it.

Read more

Pregnant cannot use hammer to knock nails… the truth behind it is they scared you will injure yourself with the hammer or nails 😂 it is totally fine for you to do knocking here and there ☺️ dont follow pantangs blindly okay

Cannot cut nails at night later ghost come. 😂 the truth is because last time kampung at night very dark. They use candles or fire to light up the room thn if you cut your nails, you can accidentally cut your skin too. 😂

cannot lie down flat with both legs up. Later mother die 😂 behind this superstitious is because last time kampung house no light at night.. you bring up your leg, your mother pass by trip and fall on you and pass away 😂

VIP Member

not from my mother but from my monster in-law. pregnant cannot eat spicy food else baby will come out having skin conditoons like ezcema. what an idiot

2y ago

HAHAHAHAHAH nonsense… 😂

the truth is not everyone have good luck all the time, even if you follow superstitious beliefs.

2y ago

Exactly

My mum told me to avoid orange because the baby will get cough with phlegm easily after born.

2y ago

And i was told by my indians friends to eat more orange so baby will have nice skin 😂

Pregnant cannot drink ice cause it will cause baby to have asthma. 🙄 its a MYTH!

2y ago

Haha mine was pregnant cannot drink cold/iced water otherwise baby will come out with little hair. I still drank iced water anyways and my firstborn came out just fine! Hair was growing out okay as well 😂