Hi moms, is it normal to have No milk on one side of the breast ? When I pump, one side has minimal

No milk on 1 side of breast

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is not uncommon for mothers to have a difference in milk production between their breasts. This difference can be due to various factors such as breast size, milk duct development, and even positioning during breastfeeding or pumping. To address the issue of having no milk or minimal milk on one side of the breast when pumping, here are some solutions: 1. Ensure proper latching and positioning of your baby during breastfeeding. This can help stimulate milk production on both sides of the breast. 2. Try breast massage or gentle compression on the breast with minimal milk production while pumping to help improve milk flow. 3. Consider pumping more frequently on the side with minimal milk to increase stimulation and milk production in that breast. 4. Stay hydrated and eat a well-balanced diet to support milk production. 5. Consider using a breast pump like the one mentioned in the link provided for potential assistance in expressing milk effectively. Remember, it's important to consult with a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for personalized advice and support regarding any breastfeeding concerns. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I had this problem with my second born and I did a lot of pumping and stimulation on the slacker boob to help increase the supply. I also did power pumping on it as well and it gradually increased in supply.

hello! my left side is the slacker boob. checked online and seems like it's quite common. you can massage to stimulate your slacking boob or pump longer by a few mins on the slacker side.