Approaching 40 weeks

No one mentioned how lonely, anxious, fustrated it can be when approaching EDD and seeing other mums pop one by one but I still don't have labour symptoms. It really doesn't help when people keep checking in to see if you've delivered and my own husband keep asking me everyday if I'm feeling any labour symptoms. Other mums are already discussing about breastfeeding but I'm still so lonely in the wait.. I know I should be thankful that baby is still healthy and I've more time to myself but at this point, the wait is getting so depressing.. Wondering if any Sep mums are still baking at 39/40 weeks and feeling the same? :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i’m 39 weeks today and i’m feeling the exact same 😭 all my other pregnant friends due in Sept have given birth already and is already going through confinement and then there’s me. i’ve been 3cm dilated for a week plus now with no active labour signs.

9mo ago

Update i had mucus plug + bloody show at 39+5 after walking more but cervix still unfavourable for natural. Mightve to csect.. at least you're alr dilated! Good sign and can even induce for a natural birth.