Approaching 40 weeks

No one mentioned how lonely, anxious, fustrated it can be when approaching EDD and seeing other mums pop one by one but I still don't have labour symptoms. It really doesn't help when people keep checking in to see if you've delivered and my own husband keep asking me everyday if I'm feeling any labour symptoms. Other mums are already discussing about breastfeeding but I'm still so lonely in the wait.. I know I should be thankful that baby is still healthy and I've more time to myself but at this point, the wait is getting so depressing.. Wondering if any Sep mums are still baking at 39/40 weeks and feeling the same? :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Am at 40+1 today, going to induce at 40+3. Initially,I was also hoping for baby to come earlier,but life has its own plans, and I caught covid (first time somemore), at 39+4. I still have a faint positive line today, and hoping fervently that my husband doesn't catch covid as well, else he's gonna get quarantined when baby is out. So yups, I'm currently not hoping for baby to be out until both of us are confirmed negative haha. Bake jiu bake ba, don't start pooping in me can already haha.

Read more
9mo ago

Great that mucus plug has come out! All the best!