Approaching 40 weeks

No one mentioned how lonely, anxious, fustrated it can be when approaching EDD and seeing other mums pop one by one but I still don't have labour symptoms. It really doesn't help when people keep checking in to see if you've delivered and my own husband keep asking me everyday if I'm feeling any labour symptoms. Other mums are already discussing about breastfeeding but I'm still so lonely in the wait.. I know I should be thankful that baby is still healthy and I've more time to myself but at this point, the wait is getting so depressing.. Wondering if any Sep mums are still baking at 39/40 weeks and feeling the same? :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you!!!! I was so demoralized. My edd suppose to be 17 sept. On week 38, i was still not dilated so gynae gave me till week 40 to induce. I thought i had the time to try induce labor myself by walking alot, squats etc bt nothing worked till edd and was induced. I guess first baby mostly goes overdue. Anyways i end up having 2 failed induction, with having to endured 47 hours of labor and gabe up and did emergency csect and delivered yesterday.

Read more
8mo ago

Mad respect mummy... am still waiting for a decision to be made at 39w6d appt. I hope my cervix is ready and am dilated enough to induce. Genetically, my husband and I were full term babies too. Congrats on finally being able to see baby!! ♥️ It makes it all worth it and I can't wait till I hold mine on my arms too~