I cannot make my baby sleep

It’s making me feel like I am not a mother at all. One that is not capable. LO will push away and cry until no voice if I try to carry to sleep. When my husband takes over it is no issue. Anyone else facing this problem? I don’t know what to do and it’s making me depressed. Lo is more than 7 months

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Carry your baby frequently . Not during baby's sleeping time . Skin to skin contact . Talk to your baby , sing nursery rhymes . Let ur baby listen to your voice more . Do one step at a time . I think baby is overtired , teething or having colic , hang on there . I hope soon your baby would love mummy to put him/her to sleep .

Read more
TapFluencer

neither can i. but they dont love me less for it. i spend a lot of time with them throughout the years & they know they can always depend on me. please take care 💕

Super Mum

Don’t be too hard on urself. There’s other things you can do (eg: bathing, feeding, playing etc) & let daddy do the sleeping job .

My baby wanted his grandmother to sleep. I couldn't make him sleep alone, But when he was 1 year old , he really needed me to sleep.

Dont worry about it. Just think your hubby is helping with reducing your load. Meanwhile, just keep interact with your child.

Don’t be too hard on yourself . Let the daddy help u out 😉 u can be involved in feeding , playing , changing of diapers

Hi, The adaptations happen gradually so please don’t be hard on yourself.

Hang in there mummy!!!

Try sleep training.