Cranky 1 month baby

My lo just turn one month and currently one month and 2 weeks. She's about 6 weeks now For the past few days, she's been very cranky. No matter what I do it doesn't please her. Change her diapers, feed her, put her to sleep but she still cry. I don't think it's colic as I burp her after every feed. Any idea how to calm her down or why she's like that? I starting to feel distant from my baby for a couple of days, due to lack of sleep and I have been super duper mentally exhausted. No one really helped me at home. Idk how to handle this already I'm starting to lose myself. I'm just worried I do anything that will hurt my lo. #1stimemom #firstbaby #pleasehelp #advicepls #depressionisreal

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama Dee, Your baby is currently experiencing a growth spurt and will be fussy for 2-3 days to about a week or so. For the first three month, baby’s doing a lot of growing so cluster feeding, crying and having shorter naps might be some things you are currently experiencing. More importantly, you need some ME time mama. Have someone to help with baby - possible to get the hubby to hold her for a few hours? Or even a baby sitter just for a few hours? If you’re exhausted and feeling down please reach out to someone - Do contact More Mindful at 64668120

Read more

Hi Dee, facing the same issue with my 3 week + boy. Typically it happens around 6 plus to 8 plus in the evening. he doesn’t sleep for long in the afternoon hence he’s always overly tired. He is also fully on expressed breastmilk and feeds and poops well. He’ll have a bad day and then a not so bad day and then a bad day again. I don’t know what’s causing it as we’ve already burped him enough and he doesn’t spit up milk so you’re definitely not alone. I can only hope it’s a phase and will pass soon.

Read more

I totally understand how you feel. as I experience the exact same thing too. finally brought her to yuguo a tcm at kembangang and was told I had overfed her which led to indigestion. which cause her to be super cranky and irritated. I lengthen the timing between each feed and shorten her latching time too. together with tunai at the clinic and some herbal patch tt they provide, her condition has improved tremendously. she's able to sleep through the night currently and much less cranky.

Read more
3y ago

forgot to mention, there was a night when she was fussing so much tt I was contemplating throwing her out of the window. tt when I realise I need to seek help and ask my parents to help look after her at times or when her cries are too much for me to bear. thankfully my parents stay with me and are willing to help. stay strong and be positive. there's a silver lining behind the clouds.

6 weeks onwards babies are pretty prone to colic… if she happens to always fuss or cry in the evenings, could likely be colic… mine was like that too … so much so that i get paranoia during the evenings especially ard 6 onwards… ridwind helps for my baby…

I feel you because i was the same. We burp her as well but she is stil cranky. Every night i slept for two hours despite hubby is feeding at night.. very tiring mentally and physically

Super Mum

Hey Dee.. please ask for help. Sometimes it can get very overwhelming and we need support. Does carrying and rocking baby calm her down?

Mayb u can try giving pacifier??