3 Replies

No, you shouldn’t put anything in his cot . Although baby can’t hold his head, and can’t flip back, they can sleep on stomach , lying on the side of the face (that won’t suffocate). What I did last time is I will wake up periodically to check on baby, and if baby wake up for night feed, i will wait for baby to slp before I go back to slp (in case they flip and can’t flip back).

Did you make any changes to your baby’s sleeping environment? My baby is 7 weeks old and so far he hasn’t slept long stretches in his empty crib :( so it’s really tiring for me to Keep picking him up when he fusses at night.

Yes it's super tiring. I didn't make any changes, I see an article that sleep positioners were recalled in the US because they caused a few infant deaths so its still bare now. I can't put him in a blanket so we are putting him in long sleeves and socks (we have aircon 24/7). before he started flipping we swaddle him and he could sleep for 3h to his next feed; by then all his limbs will be out (he grunts a lot struggling to get free) but we just ignore that and his eyes are closed throughout.

try sleep positioners (shopee has a lot) and put at feet area (not near face to prevent suffocation)

Trending Questions

Related Articles